Water Heater Specifications
FRONTIER POWER COMPANY
ELECTRIC WATER HEATER PROGRAM
EFFECTIVE AUGUST 2016
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS & ELIGIBILITY:
1. Minimum tank warranty: 6 years
Warranty replacement water heaters DO NOT QUALIFY.
2. Minimum tank capacity: 50 gallons
3. Minimum insulation: 2 inches (R-16) No insulation blankets
4. Qualifying electric water heaters must have a new radio control switch installed by
The Frontier Power Company or have an existing, working radio control switch.
5. Heat pump and on-demand water heaters are not eligible.
6. Electric water heater must be the primary source of hot water and electric account
must show qualifying usage.
7. Rebate appointment must be made within 60 days of the purchase of the electric
water heater. Sales receipt must be presented at the time of the appointment.
8. Rebates will be paid for the installation of a new electric water heater after heater
is equipped with a radio control switch, or existing radio control switch is tested.
9. The water heater must be inspected and approved by The Frontier Power Company.
10. Radio control switch must remain on the tank for the entire warranty period.
11. Water Heater must be minimum 91% EF (Efficiency Factor).
12. Must use a minimum of 350 kWh per month to qualify for $25 credit on
AMOUNT OF REBATES:
50 to 70 GALLON TANKS: $150.00
GREATER THAN 70 GALLON TANKS: $200.00